- Signa Con was selected through a global tender. The contractor is currently carrying a study to find out the quantity of equipment that will be needed to execute the upgradation.
- The study will take 2 months. After the study report is presented to NEA, NEA will approve the report and the equipment will be imported.
- The contractor plans to start the upgrade from May and complete it by February 2019.
- This project will upgrade the power line linking the country’s far western region to the national grid, from single circuit to double circuit. This will allow the transmission of six-phase electric power from the current power of three-phase.
- After its implementation, the power line will be able to evacuate around 180 MW of electricity in the region.
- The Balanch-Attariya Transmission Line was supposed to be completed in 2014 but different factors pushed back the deadline until it came into completed in November 2017.
- It is currently transmitting electricity generated by the 30 MW Chameliya Hydropower Project developed by the NEA, and the 8.5 MW Naugad Hydropower Project developed by Api Power.
Mazda CX-5 Premium SUV Booking Opens in Nepal: Price Starts at Rs. 1.25 CroreMazda CX-5 is open for bookings in Nepal. Paramount Motors Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor…
Oppo A15 with 6.52-inch Display and Helio P35 Launched in NepalOppo has launched the Oppo A15 in Nepal. Oppo revealed the availability of Oppo A15…
Bajaj Bikes Price in Nepal: Features and SpecsBajaj Auto continues to be a leading force as a two-wheeler brand in Nepal. Through…