- Signa Con was selected through a global tender. The contractor is currently carrying a study to find out the quantity of equipment that will be needed to execute the upgradation.
- The study will take 2 months. After the study report is presented to NEA, NEA will approve the report and the equipment will be imported.
- The contractor plans to start the upgrade from May and complete it by February 2019.
- This project will upgrade the power line linking the country’s far western region to the national grid, from single circuit to double circuit. This will allow the transmission of six-phase electric power from the current power of three-phase.
- After its implementation, the power line will be able to evacuate around 180 MW of electricity in the region.
- The Balanch-Attariya Transmission Line was supposed to be completed in 2014 but different factors pushed back the deadline until it came into completed in November 2017.
- It is currently transmitting electricity generated by the 30 MW Chameliya Hydropower Project developed by the NEA, and the 8.5 MW Naugad Hydropower Project developed by Api Power.
Featured video from TechLekh
Xiaomi 12 Pro Unboxing & Impressions नेपालीमा
Hamro Patro Launches an E-learning Platform for Students in NepalThe most popular app in Nepal, Hamro Patro, introduces its new product, “Hamro Learning Center.”…
Mivi, a Popular Indian Accessories Brand to Launch Soon in NepalMivi, a popular Indian electronics brand is launching soon in Nepal. Mivi has a variety…
VoxCrow Receives “Best Customer Excellence Award” in CNIYEF Nepal Start Up Fest 2022Voxcrow, a voice-based communication service provider for organisations, received the “Best Customer Excellence Award 2022”…