Assistive Technology is any device or system used to improve and maintain the functional capabilities of people with disabilities. AT-Hackathon is an event initiated to tackle the challenges people with disabilities face through the means of technology. It is being organized by Disaster Hack.
- AT aims to increase a person’s quality of life and help them lead a better life.
- AT-Hackathon provides an opportunity to all skilled and unskilled individuals who aim to help Nepalis with disabilities.
- The Hackathon will focus on the three ideologies:
- Realize: The participants will focus on people with disabilities to realize the real world challenges, current solutions. Pre-event workshops and classes will be held the weeks prior to the start of the hackathon These events will have experts from the medical industry, product design, electronics, coding and 3D printing.
- Ideate: Once all the challenges have been identified, the participants will begin brainstorming a list of all possible solutions. Teams and individuals will then select an AT-Hack Challenge they will try to hack. For Example: DIY Hearing Aids, Visually Impaired Learning Software, New Prosthetic Design, Mobility for Elderly, etc.
- Hack: After the teams and hackers have chosen their AT-Hack Challenge, they will be paired with a professional mentor who will help guide them through their project to ensure effective and responsible design. Teams can create new devices, increase access to current technologies, or modify current device functionality.
When: June 1, 2018 – June 8, 2018
Where: Ignition Lab, Thapathali Campus, Kathmandu
Time: 2 AM to 5 PM
More Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/195998821176125/
- Call for Proposals: NFDN Seeks Technical Consultant for Disability Open Data Portal
- IT Experts at Kathmandu University Develop Reading Software for Visually Impaired
- iPad App Gives Nonverbal Nepali Students a Voice