Nepal is going to have its first ever ‘e-rural municipality’ as Ajayameru Rural Municipality will be implementing new e-governance policies by mid-July.
- Ajayameru is one of Nepal’s remote rural municipalities in Dadeldhura district. The elected representatives of the area have been working on the e-governance project.
- The project will connect all the government and non-government offices, schools and health facilities to the Internet.
- It is in final stage so that the rural municipality can directly monitor these service providers while giving services to the people.
- The municipality has already started implementing computer education in all the schools in the area. They have set up modern health laboratories in almost all the wards.
- From mid-February, there will be e-attendance of all government employees in the rural municipality.
- They also plan to start one English medium community school in each ward from the next fiscal year.